Content marketing is no longer an option: 93% of B2B marketers today use content marketing and 43% say their content marketing works. Content drives buyer behavior and social media is the #1 source of information that your buyers are using during their buying decision process. Content has be integrated and it has to apply to the entire buying cycle. This only makes sense if the content marketing strategy is documented to be most effective.
Whether it is expert content, branded content or user reviews, it would need to be relevant and share-worthy. You have to up your game in terms of what you are sharing online because competition for your buyers’ attention is on!
Here are some essential ingredients on how to engage your readers and make your content shareable with others:
- Become a story teller by tapping into an emotion to make the experience memorable
- Skip the exhibitionism and inform your audience by positioning yourself as a thought leader in your niche
- Surprise people with unexpected and interesting content
- Leverage social currency by sharing content that would make people look good
- Ask people to share your content because if you do not ask the answer is always no!